“I don’t like living under your spotlight..”Spotlight, Jennifer Hudson
Second life can often seem like a fishbowl. Every little thing you do is open to examination and scrutiny by people you know, and many you don’t. And after a while, if you’re not careful, it becomes hard to log in and enjoy yourself.
So you create an alt and you start over, only to find that the spotlight you were under previously, seems to be intensified. Those who complained about who you were, now gossip about why you created an alt, what you are doing, and who you are doing it with. Then they create alts to troll you and spread rumors about you. Second life becomes one big headache, and you wonder why you bother to log in at all.
Trust me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt, could write a fucking book on it.
When you start to feel this way, remember, you are a FUCKING ROCK STAR! Let the peasants sit on the curb and wave as you pass by. Refuse to give those miserable bitches another ounce of your energy. Put on your best shoes, your flyest gear, go out and SHINE!
Second life, like any other life, is yours for the taking. You just have to reach out and grab it!
As always, a super shout out to my friends at Ana Boutique and Milo’s Bazar for sponsoring this post. If you’d like to see more from these two fabulous stores, follow the links below!
- Ana Boutique Mainstore Inworld
- Ana Boutique Flickr
- Ana Boutique Facebook
- Milo’s Bazar Marketplace Store
- Mahogany’s Body By Maitreya
- Mahogany’s Outfit: Iconic by Avemoi
- Mahogany’s Shoes: Lucille by G&D
- Mahogany’s Glasses: Round Sunglasses by Milo’s Bazar
- Sander’s Outfit: Dandy Suit by Deadwool
- Poses: Sensual Pose Set by Ana Boutique Available at 7Event
- BackDrop: Chicago by Anxiety
- BackDrop: La Trattoria Alley by Milo Motion
- Paparazzi by Astraila
- Produce Stand by DollHouse
- Scooter by Haven Poses