” Party rock is in the house tonight, Everybody just have a good time, And we gon’ make you lose your mind, Everybody just have a good time… Everyday I’m shuff-shuffling!”PARTY ROCK ANTHEM, lmfao
I remember when I was a kid, a birthday party was a cake, some hot dogs, little hug juices and IF we were lucky, (or your parents had $$) some balloons that you could suck the helium out of. Often held at a local park, under a pavillion, if you got there early enough to grab one. If not, you were out in the sun, fanning with a napkin. You ate the hot dog, played on the swings, climbed the jungle gym, sang happy birthday, cut the cake, and everyone went home happy to have been invited.
But NOW, a child’s birthday party can cost as much as a small wedding reception! Event planners, Bouncy Houses, expensive decorations, DJ’s, Catered food, Candy Stations… What the hell people?? Put that money in a college fund or something!
Admittedly, I’m generally one of the crankier folks at said parties, so I don’t get invited often, and that is JUST FUCKING FINE WITH ME! Some of that cranky often extends into SL. I’m not the most social person (have you read my profile?) Saying that I’m selectively social is being generous. But on occassion, I do go hang out for a few minutes with those who have managed to stay off my ANNOYING AF list… You know who you are.
However! If I was to have a party in SL, it would look something like this scene! Salacity has out done themselves with the Webster Pavillion and the Pick-a-Nick Set! The Webster Pavilion is available exclusively at May’s round of The Liaison Collaborative, which runs through May 26th. A full-size demo is available in the TLC demo area.
The Pick-a-Nick Set is available at The Boardwalk Event, from now until June 15th! It comes with all of the accessories you need to make your picnic amazing! Mix in a few little accessories and accents and you can have a full fledged, back in the day, hot dog, huggie & super sweet birthday cake type of party! You should try it… Because I said so 😛
As always, a super shout out to my friends at Salacity for sponsoring this post!
- Mahogany is Wearing:
- Hair: Claudia by Emotions
- Earrings: Love Surrender by Maxi Gossamer
- Necklace: Isolde Gypsy Boho by Maxi Gossamer
- Outfit: Lotte Outfit by Hilly Haalan (sunglasses included)
- Balloons: Cosmopolitan Anniversary Gift by Giz Seorn
- Building: Webster Pavilion by Salacity @ Liason Collaborative until May 26th
- Picnic Accessories: Salacity Pick-a-Nick Set @ Boardwalk Event until June 15th
- Pick-a-Nick Table
- Picnic Table Cloth
- Picnic Condiments
- Soda Can
- Open Soda Can
- Beer Bottle
- Open Beer Bottle
- Oldman Cooler (for sitting)
- Oldman Cooler (With Drinks)
- Happy Birthday Banner: Apple Fall Varsity Bunting
- Birthday Bags by Country Charm
- To Go Plates by David Heather
- Paper Plates by David Heather
- Dust Bunny Pastel Celebration:
- Balloons & Presents Chair
- Tassel Table
- Table Confetti
- Funfetti Cake
- Funfetti CupCakes
- Puppy: JIAN Scruffy Shepherds 10. Wanderer Tan Black
- Cat: Calico Cat by TM Creation